Six Area Teens Receive Scholarships
On Friday, December 20th,2013 the Yuba Sutter Indo American Business Association Members gathered at the Taste of India Restaurant to present six local teenagers with a Youth Driving Scholarship.The Teens and their families were invited to share dinner wtih the Organization before being awarded with their certificates. Also present was Special Guest speaker, Kash Gill, Mayor of Yuba City. Awards were presented by Sonia Cheema and other members of the organization. Gifts were presented to our 2012/13 Judges and also to Mr. Gill.
Photos from the evening celebration, photos by Mr. Surinder Mehta
Award Winners, Judges and Mr. Kash Gill:
From Left to Right Back Row: Courtney Gengler (Judge), Hari Kalia, Inderjit Bajwa, Naseer Ahmad (Scholarship Recipient) Satnam Singh Tatla (Director) Arashdeep Sahota (Scholarship Recipient) Mr. Kash Gill (Yuba City Mayor), Shangara Ralh (Judge) Paul Mehta (Director an First President of Association)
Sitting from left to right: Scholarship Recipients: Summia Shaikh, Icey Tinco, Reena Saroya, Salvador Vargas
Congratulations to the Committee Officers for 2013/14
From Left to Right: Vice Treasurer: Hari Kalia, Secretary: Sanjeev Sharma, Vice Secretary: Deepak Bhakoo, President: Sonia Cheema, Vice President: Jaswinder Mattu, Treasurer: Manish Sondhi
Association Announces the Teen Drivers
Education Scholarship For 2014
The Yuba Sutter Indo American Business Association was established as a way to help the children in the Yuba and Sutter communities. The Organization will give 12 Teens the chance to win a scholarship to have their Drivers Education class paid for. Six upstanding business people in the area will be asked to judge the teens based on their application letter of recommendation from a teacher and a written essay. The students must be between the ages 15 1/2 – 18 years.
The packet (included here) needs to be completely filled out and everything mailed to the Association during the 2014 year to be considered. Application Packets will be accepted throughout the year. Winners of the Scholarship will be announced in October 2014. Students will be presented with the scholarship at an award dinner put on by the organization and its members. Teens that weren’t chosen for the scholarship will be able to reapply the following year if eligible. Twelve Students per year will be chosen for the scholarship. For more information please contact the Organization.
Completed Applications need to be mailed to 552 N. Palora Ave., Suite F, Yuba City, CA 95991 – You can also email info@YubaSutterIABA.org or call 530-870-4564 for more information or if you have questions.
Welcome to Our Partner!!
Punjabi Women’s Cultural Organization
- Holly Oak Gas& Grocery: Hari Kalia & Varinder Sharma
- Quick Stop Market: Sanjeev Sharma
- Wells Fargo Loan Officer : Deepak Bhakoo
- Farmers Insurance : Naren Mehta
February 2013 Student Drivers Education Scholarship Awards Ceremony Dinner held at the Curry Leaf Cafe in Yuba City
1st Anniversary for Yuba Sutter Indo American business Association
The Little Town Yuba City, California USA which is called Mini Punjab in the Eyes of East Indian Community Living in America did too many good things for the City of Yuba City. But the first time on September 30th 2010 they did something good for themselves in more than 100 years. They made the East Indian Business Group and named it Yuba Sutter Indo American Business Association.
The idea was thought up by three people on February 25th, 2010, Surinder Mehta the owner of Star employment Agency Bookkeeping Service and Tax Service, Ranjit Kandola the owner of Mac Real Estate and Sanjeev Sharma the owner of Quick Stop and a Real Estate Agent.
Then on September 22nd, 2010 the Board of Director was created:
- Mr. Paul Mehta – Owner 4D Realty
- Mr. Satnam Singh Tatla – Owner Mountain Mikes Pizza
- Ranjit Kandola – Owner MAC Real Estate
- Surinder Mehta – Owner Star Employment Agency Bookkeeping and Tax Services
- Surinder Sharma – Owner Bombay Jewelers
On September 30th 2010 the whole thing was announce to the public through News Papers Appeal Democrat, Punjab News and Pardes Times. THe committeee was formed on the same day with the following appointments:
- Paul Mehta – President
- Satnam SinghTatla – Vice President
- Ranjit Kandola – Secretary
- Surinder Mehta – Treasurer
Goals for the Yuba Sutter Indo American Business Association:
- Networking with other businesses
- Help among themselves to enhance everyone’s business with peer suggestions
- Advertise in the newspapers, on TV and on the association website, free eight week ad on the Rangla Punjab TV program on Channel 19 run by Mr. Jasvinder S. Uppal which is broadcast in Yuba City, Marysville, Live Oak, Wheatland and Grass Valley
- Financial assistance to member businesses based on the members approval
- One collective voice to empower member businesses in the community
- Have community events for the betterment of our members and community
- From next year to current members the Association will provide the Labor Law posters
- Member to member commission will be given while doing business with each other
- Monthly meetings
- Banner add on association web site for discounted price
- Member profile on main website page for discounted price
There are currently 26 members of this Association. All members can be viewed by going to our members section. For further information and to become a member:
- Call 530-870-4564
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fill out an application
Congratulations to Our New 2012/13 Officers
left to right:
Manish Sondhi of the Local Driving School, Assistant Treasurer, Sonia Cheema of Star Truck Registration, Vice President, Jaswinder Kaur of Gridley Inn and RV Park, Treasurer,
Simerjit Takhar of Takhar Farms, LLC, Vice Secretary, Bhupinder Takher of World Financial Group, Ambassador,
Cindi Mansfield of Blueray Concepts and YubaSutterDining.com, President, Paramjit Saroya of World Wide Travels, Secretary.
Not shown: Maria Lopez of Lopez Iron Works, Ambassador